From a rough cut to an exceptional film
A post-production program tailored to the needs of your project
Through dramaturgy consultations and editing supervision, this program will address the challenges and concerns in your rough cut and offer an effective plan for moving forward to help you make the film you want to make.
For teams of editors and directors
- get a second opinion on your material
- cement your film's structure or explore new possibilities in the material
- discover the dramaturgy in the editing room
- profit from supervision of the editing process
- strengthen teamwork between editor and director
Participating films in post-production
Professional editors with unique dramaturgy skills
Selection of our successful alumni
Dark and haunting psychological drama about the collision of modern day faith healers and post-war trauma of survivors in Kosovo.
Lost in Paradise
Eugene could have gone down the safe path, studied dentistry in Bern, and taken over his father's practice. Instead, he decided to explore his native country, fulfil his dream, and go to Prague to open a music club. But man proposes and God disposes - Eugene suddenly finds himself back on the road to Switzerland, while in his head, he recapitulates the mistakes he made. A tragi-comic mosaic about remorse, the differing values of two cultures, and the hope for reconciliation.
The MIDPOINT Editing Room program is organized as a two-stage service
Editing Room 1November 2021 | online
Our pool of tutors will examine the rough cut of your feature and then analyze it with you during an intensive 3-hour online consultation.
Editing Room 22022 | Prague, Czech Republic / online
Selected projects from Editing Room 1 will be given the opportunity to participate in Editing Room 2.
The program cosists of a 5-day residential session in Prague that focuses on additional dramaturgy consultations and supervision of the editing process.
The second session is tailor-made to the current needs of your project; the basic offer is another 5 working days of consultations (online or onsite) at a time suitable for participants.
Two online consultations, either in between workshops or at the end of the program, are included.
Editing Room 1
Editing Room 2
Who can apply
- teams of editors and directors with a feature film in rough-cut stage
Materials to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CV of the team members (director and editor): max 800 characters each (in PDF)
- Photo of team members (director and editor)
- Rough cut with time code (link for download)
- Shooting script
- Post-production schedule, including any obligatory deadlines (in PDF)
- Motivation letter, including anything you'd like us to know about the project, your concerns, hopes, etc.(in PDF, max 2 pages)
- Optional: rough cut of unused scenes with time codes (link for download)
You may ask...
Can I apply to Editing Room 2 without having participated in Editing Room 1?
The original idea is to do both stages in succession, but since the post-production process can vary due to external circumstances, just reach out and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
I'm a director and I'm editing by myself. Can I apply?
The program is designed for a team of one editor and one director. However, for Editing Room 2, we might be able to match you with an editor from our pool of collaborators.
I have a plan for my post-production phase, but it doesn't fit the time frame of the program. What can I do?
As mentioned above, get in touch and we'll do our best to tailor a program to your specific needs.