The MIDPOINT Editing Room is a post-production program tailored to the needs of your project. Through dramaturgy consultations and editing supervision, this program will address the challenges and concerns in your rough cut and offer an effective plan for moving forward.
A post-production program tailored to the needs of your project
Through dramaturgy consultations and editing supervision, this program will address the challenges and concerns in your rough cut and offer an effective plan for moving forward to help you make the film you want to make.
For teams of editors and directors
- get a second opinion on your material
- cement your film's structure or explore new possibilities in the material
- discover the dramaturgy in the editing room
- profit from supervision of the editing process
- strengthen teamwork between editor and director
- tailor-made structure of program for editors on parental leave
Focus Female Editors
- Special offer for women editors: women editors applying in a team will get 50% off the regular fee for both Editing Room Feedback and Editing Room Workshop
- Special offer for Ukrainian projects in post-production stage: tailor-made online dramaturgy in the editing room consultations for teams of Ukrainian filmmakers (directors, editors, producers) with a feature film project
- No participation fee
Selection of our successful alumni
Dark and haunting psychological drama about the collision of modern day faith healers and post-war trauma of survivors in Kosovo.
Lost in Paradise
Eugene could have gone down the safe path, studied dentistry in Bern, and taken over his father's practice. Instead, he decided to explore his native country, fulfil his dream, and go to Prague to open a music club. But man proposes and God disposes - Eugene suddenly finds himself back on the road to Switzerland, while in his head, he recapitulates the mistakes he made. A tragi-comic mosaic about remorse, the differing values of two cultures, and the hope for reconciliation.
The MIDPOINT Editing Room program is organized as a two-stage service
Editing Room FeedbackONGOING CALL | Online
Our pool of tutors will examine the rough cut of your feature and then analyze it with you during an intensive 3-hour online consultation.
Editing Room Workshop2023 | Prague, Czech Republic / online
Selected projects from Feedback session will be given the opportunity to participate in Editing Room Workshop.
The program cosists of a 5-10 days long residential session in Prague that focuses on additional dramaturgy consultations and supervision of the editing process at the facilities of our partner Studio FAMU.
The Workshop is tailor-made to the current needs of your project; the basic offer is another 5 working days of consultations (online or onsite) at a time suitable for participants.
Two online consultations, either in between workshops or at the end of the program, are included.
Editing Room Feedback
Editing Room Workshop
Special discount for MIDPOINT Alumni projects
300 EUR / 1500 EUR
Who can apply
- teams of editors and directors with a feature film in rough-cut stage
Materials are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CV of the team members (director and editor): max 800 characters each (in PDF)
- Photo of team members (director and editor)
- Rough cut with time code (link for download)
- Shooting script
- Post-production schedule, including any obligatory deadlines (in PDF)
- Motivation letter, including anything you'd like us to know about the project, your concerns, hopes, etc.(in PDF, max 2 pages)
- Optional: rough cut of unused scenes with time codes (link for download)
How to apply
- send your submission materials to program coordinator Jiří Pecinovský at email@example.com.
- the call for Editing Room Feedback is ongoing, you can send your submission when you are ready.
You may ask...
So, I can apply for Editing Room Feedback anytime?
Yes, we have now an ongoing call, you can apply anytime and you will receive the 3-hour-long online consultation.
Can I apply to Editing Room Workshop without having participated in Editing Room Feedback?
The original idea is to do both stages in succession, but since the post-production process can vary due to external circumstances, just reach out and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
I'm a director and I'm editing by myself. Can I apply?
The program is designed for a team of one editor and one director. However, for Editing Room Workshop, we might be able to match you with an editor from our pool of collaborators.