A professional script-development program created to offer unique support for Czech filmmakers with a feature film in development who believe in teamwork and the importance of script consultancy.
International feedback for local professionals
The aims of this program are to support domestic production, introduce Czech filmmakers to renowned international script consultants and boost the development of local script consultants.
For teams of a writer and a producer (and possibly a director) who are developing a Czech feature film
- unique opportunity to consult on projects along with esteemed international mentors
- receive feedback from other filmmakers in the group
- strengthen the work of the creative team
- develop a new draft of the script
- think outside the box and borders
For script consultants who are already working with teams on scripts
- enhance communication skills within the creative process
- learn how to be more effective in giving constructive feedback
- learn different script-editing approaches
- meet talented filmmakers from domestic industry
World-renowned experts providing their guidance and support
We plan to launch the call for applications in summer/autumn 2022.
Who can apply?
- creative teams of a writer and a producer (to be joined by a director and a script consultant)
- eligible countries: Czech Republic
- script or treatment
- synopsis (1 page)
- short synopsis (500 characters)
- short professional bios of all team members (max. 600 characters for each bio)
- photos of all team members
- producer's motivation letter (describe project and expectations from the workshop – 1 page)
- script consultant's motivation letter (if applying, describing current stage of script development and expectations from the workshop – 1 page)
You may ask...
I am just a writer and/or director, do not have a producer attached to the project yet. Can I apply?
Unfortunately not. The program is designed to develop a project and a strong creative team through teamwork, which is why a writer and producer must always participate together.
My English no good. Me can apply?
Sadly not. Because of the international tutors, the program is conducted in English. For the purposes of instruction, you'll need to write and speak in English at at least an intermediate level. Your grammar doesn't need to be perfect, but you'll need to be able to communicate your ideas effectively.
As a producer, why am I required to participate? Do I need to actively participate?
Yes, you do. We're looking to develop producers who are hands-on, and who are interested in being part of the creative process. When you understand the project in detail, you'll be able to develop it better.
We don't have a script consultant attached to our project. Can we still apply?
Yes. Although you'll get more out of the process if you have a script consultant attached, it's not a requirement to apply.
When can I apply?
We plan to open the call for submissions in summer/autumn 2022.